If you’re like most people, you were probably more than ready to close the door on 2020. It was a tough year for so many people, one that will be forever defined by the COVID-19 pandemic and the effect it had on just about every area of our lives.
The great news as we kick off 2021 is that there is now a vaccine, and a light at the end of the tunnel. But throughout most of the year, it will still be important for people to follow pandemic restrictions, meaning all of us will still need to be proactive about staying connected.
At Fort Bend ISD Nation, we are as committed as we’ve ever been to helping alumni stay connected to their alma mater, even when we can’t physically gather together. If you’re looking for an idea for a New Year’s Resolution, consider making it a goal to stay actively involved with and connected to your alma mater through our organization this year!
Here are some ways you can accomplish this resolution:
- Join: If you haven’t already, join Fort Bend ISD Nation and become a member, with all the perks that membership provides at its various levels. This is the easiest way for you to stay updated about everything happening in Fort Bend schools and in our organization.
- Attend virtual events: Any time the opportunity arises, attend virtual events! These could include virtual alumni networking events, virtual class reunions, virtual fundraisers, etc. It’s still going to be a little while before it’s safe to have in-person events and activities, so this is a great way to stay connected to fellow alumni.
- Donate: School may be virtual, but there are still so many ways for our organization to support everything that’s happening in Fort Bend schools. Your dollars can make a big difference!
- Volunteer: Volunteer opportunities are not as numerous during the pandemic, but they still pop up here and there. If you’re in the area, be sure to check out volunteer opportunities whenever they arise if you feel like giving back to the district.
- Read: Be sure to regularly check out the district’s website and social media platforms for information about school events and to stay up to date about the latest news affecting the district. Staying informed is a great way to stay connected, and makes it easier for you to find opportunities to get involved.
We hope 2021 holds great things in store for you and your family. Happy New Year!